My experience in practice is that many clients and arguably the whole population at large, have suffered an increase in such issues as:
- Acute anxiety
- Reactive depression
- Accelerated anger.
- Reduced tolerance of even the most trivial of irritations.
- Relationship strain and breakdowns
- Medical conditions (psoriasis, eczema, asthma, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic pain, and migraines) can all becomes increasingly concerning and troublesome because of stressful events and global anxiety.
However, with swift, positive and professional support, clients can and do return to enhanced wellbeing within a relatively short period of sessions.
Plus, the really good news is how we have all learnt so much about how to enhance our wellbeing and feelings of joy, happiness, and calm peacefulness along this journey of living with the pandemic and its consequences.
In my work with my clients and within my connection with the local community, I can evidence the following:
As we move out of the lockdowns and restrictions, our sense of autonomy and control will increase, as will our sense of competence and achievement as we return to work and normal living.
Just some of our reported positive outcomes of the past year:
- Reconnecting with nature
- Getting to know our neighbours.
- Having the opportunity to volunteer and support each other.
- Greater clarity about what is really important to us:
- Emotional connection to others
- Status – from reaching and supporting others.
- Being challenged and learning new ways of coping.
- Having time and privacy to reflect.
- Feelings of peace and optimism as the pandemic reduces.
For further information please contact:
MHGI. HG Dip.
Human Givens (HG)
Psychotherapist and Counsellor
The Paros Practice